7 Ways to Showcase Your Company’s Culture at Recruiting Events
Every company wants to attract the biggest and brightest. However, with so many different sources of competition, it can sometimes be difficult to attract any interest at these big events. Here are seven sure-fire ways to showcase your culture and attract applicants at campus recruiting events.
- Bring Your Best Team Players- Everyone in the office has a role to play, when you are sending people out to a college recruiting event, don’t send the people who are most available. Make this a priority and send the people who are best at making a positive impression and marketing your company.
- Send Younger Staff Who Can Answer Generational Questions– If you’re trying to recruit young workers with lots of energy and innovation, send younger workers with the same.
- Focus on Meaning, Not on Free Shirts– Yes, free stuff brings people by, sometimes. However, current college students are far more interested in what you do than swag. If you want to give swag, make sure it’s something that showcases your company’s mission. Everything you have about recruitment, on your website or on social media should reflect company culture and mission statement. Show them what you’re company is passionate about, you’ll attract people who are passionate about it too.
- Make Your Own Recruiting Event…Online – The secret to finding the best recruits is to go where they meet. The majority of graduates spend hours online. Up your social media game by doing the following:
- Target specific interests that line up with your company culture.
- Personalize websites to show intern experiences, college alumni, and company culture.
- Use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and real life instant engagement.
- Use Humor. Your company can be serious and fun at the same time, use appropriate, relatable humor. Plus, people love to share funny things, this can be free advertisement!
- Be Authentic in All Your Social Media Posts. Don’t post like an advertising exec, post like a friend or colleague.
- Give a Tour– Provide tours of your company, either online or in person. Showcase company events, social occasions, and any special perks you have at work. Friday fun-days with casual meetings and cookies? Show pictures online or schedule tours on those days. Exercise classes or groups, show those as well. Anything that your current employees love is going to bring new employees in.
- Videos! Recruitment videos still work. Just check out any military recruitment video, they make anyone want to be all they can be. Make videos short (around 20 to 30 seconds) and to the point. Make sure they highlight all the special things about your company. Make multiple so they play in a loop at recruitment fairs. These videos can invite and excite potential hires. They humanize companies and give a realness to the company you are representing.
- Keep Applying Simple and Streamlined- Initial applications should be short and sweet. Get some basic information that can easily be entered online. The whole application process should be stress-free and fast. Get general qualifications, interests, and experience of the student. A booklet of information won’t bring in applicants or reveal the best candidates for your business.
*Bonus! – A fun bonus for showcasing your company can be contests or little activities online that really give an accurate and interesting picture of your company. Everyone loves an internet contest.
Highlighting the Best of Your Company Brings in the Best!
Your company has a lot to offer and graduating college students are looking for a perfect fit to their ideas and dreams. Be unique, be authentic and college graduates will try to recruit you!