Productive and Engaged Employees for Success
Every business depends on productive and engaged employees for success. However, many companies are losing treasured team members and don’t know why. Many of the top complaints of employees deal with a lack of encouragement from their managers and bosses. Luckily, encouraging your employees can be simple and extremely beneficial to your company. Here are some steps to take to encourage your employees every day.
- Share Knowledge and Experiences- Don’t be afraid to share your experience and knowledge with employees. Explain how different aspects of business work. Describe how your company tracks production or metrics. When you engage employees this way, you are letting them know that you are investing in their future and the future of the company. This will persuade your employees to stick with you, during good and bad times.
- Leave Time to Listen- Make sure you take the time to genuinely listen to your employees. Ask for feedback, recommendations, and opinions. Let employees vent about their frustrations with a project or question decisions. Let the employees come to you. One of the most powerful gifts you can give to an employee is the gift of your time and attention. These discussions will connect the employee to you and to the company, inspiring them to work harder and give more to their work on a daily basis.
- Continue Their Education- Always create learning opportunities for your employees. Investing in their education gives them the courage to chase their dreams. Continuing education courses through the company makes employees feel appreciated while giving them the tools needed to improve their work and increase your profits.
- Make Promises You Can Deliver On- Make promises that are realistic. Never make promises you can’t keep or control. From incentives to perks to deadlines and changes, make promises that will improve your company culture. When employees see that your word means something, they will feel safe and valued. In turn, they will make promises to you with their work and their time.
- Over Deliver- Whatever it is your employees are expecting from you, always try to over deliver. This can mean:
- Answering questions before they are asked.
- Supplying equipment and materials before needed.
- Celebrating small accomplishments.
- Providing dinner for late night work sessions.
- Surprising productive teams with work outings or gift cards.
- Bringing in special treats for the entire team.
- Exceeding the expectations of your team creates excitement and engages employees for long-term success.
- Money, Profits, Bonuses, Perks- Financial bonuses and profits are more concrete ways to show your appreciation and encourage your staff. However, these incentives aren’t always the most important encouragement your employees will need. When you do reward with money or financial gains, make sure you are doing it fairly and across the board, using a system that will not allow for favoritism.
- Share the Fruits of Labor- Beyond profit-sharing and bonuses, your employees need to know that the work they do matters. Make sure your teams see how their work is helping others. Take them to places that use your services or products and let them see the results of their hard work and dedication. One of the best ways you can encourage your employees is to let them know two things; they matter and the work they do is important.
Invest in Your Company by Encouraging Your Employees Today
Productive and engaged employees are the backbone of every successful business. Never miss an opportunity to show your employees how valuable and vital they are to your company. Give compliments and sincere thanks to your team at every level of work. The more you encourage each employee, the more passionately they will apply themselves to the work at hand. If you don’t currently encourage and positively motivate your employees, start today. You’ll soon see a shift in attitude and production that will blow you away.