Win the Talent War 50: Elizabeth Knox
In this episode, Ryan interviews Elizabeth Knox, Principal of MatchPace. Elizabeth explains how organizations today can retain their BEST employees. To optimize an organization’s pace, one needs to evaluate how people spend their time. If organizations fail to give employees flexibility and create a purpose-driven workplace, their top talent will ultimately move on to entrepreneurship or another workplace. Tune-in and discover some tips and tricks to create a purpose-driven workplace that will result in a happier and more productive workforce.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:10 – Ryan introduces Elizabeth Knox to the show
- 01:50 – Tracing Elizabeth’s career path
- 03:49 – The Origins of MatchPace
- 06:05 – Ryan reminisces about his first job and remembers the frustrations that arose due to the traditional job setting
- 07:03 – Everyone is interested in utilizing time effectively so that they can focus on their priorities outside of work
- 08:16 – Important to create a sense of purpose among your employees by utilizing their time effectively
- 08:57 – Disengagement and burnout are the two major crises facing our employees
- 09:56 – Learning to increase employee engagement to create a purpose-driven environment
- 13:30 – Top talent is leaving to dive into entrepreneurship; cultivate the right environment to attract and retain top talent
- 15:05 – Hire someone who can take OWNERSHIP; the ideal employee is driven, is a self-starter, has good communication skills, cares for your mission and believes in energy management
- 16:09 – Top talent is downshifting since organizations aren’t managing them properly
- 17:10 – Create an environment which permits people to utilize their skills as well as take care of other priorities
- 18:01 – Derives motivation from how complex, beautiful and challenging the world is
- 19:00 – Allowing self-doubt and negativity to creep in will not get you anywhere
- 20:04 – If you were to go back in time to a younger version of yourself and give yourself some advice, what would it be? – “Do less and enjoy more”
- 21:10 – Start NOW; be more present in the moment
- 23:05 – Key takeaways:
- 23:05 – 50% of your employees are disengaged; come up with a strategy that will engage your employees
- 23:40 – Check out MatchPace to know more about their products and to connect with Elizabeth
- 23:57 – Check out our website to gain access to all previous episodes, show notes and blog
- 50% of your employees are disengaged; come up with a strategy that will increase their engagement levels.
- A knowledge-based economy requires a creative approach for HR practices; relying on traditional practices will only result in high attrition and a loss of top talent.
- Hire someone who can take OWNERSHIP—the ideal employee is driven, a self-starter, has good communication skills, cares for your mission and believes in energy management.