How Top Firms Are Recruiting Millennials Using Social Media… and You Can Too!
The job market has changed drastically just over the last couple of decades. As social media sites like Facebook and Twitter become household fixtures, smart employers are finding ways to utilize their popularity. If you aren’t sure where to begin with your social media strategy, here’s a quick guide of where to begin.
- Improve and Increase Your Online Presence – Top firms and brand name businesses have an online presence, outside of their website. They utilized the popularity and perks (often free) that come from sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and even Pinterest. These sites help your company do several things:
- Create a Company Brand
- Interact with Employees, Clients, and Potential Hires.
- Promote Company Values and Vision
- Increase Interest in a Product or Service
- Reach Potential Customers and New Hires
- Define Your Value Proposition Then Show it Off- Your company’s philosophy and value proposition are the biggest selling points of your company. Smart brands are on social media displaying their company values and vision to the world. You value proposition should be concise, clear, and show how you can uniquely fulfill the needs of both employees and customers. Recent graduates and consumers are being much more selective in where they invest both their time and money. Defining your value proposition and showing it off will help them choose you over your competition.
- Interact and Engage–The best brands and firms are using social media to build strong client and employee relationships. They interact with people who are interested in their brand and engage newcomers with interesting content. Make sure your social media content is always:
- Fresh and Active– Make new posts daily.
- Interesting– Don’t just put statistics or factoids, add fascinating inside secrets, fun ideas, or new projects as well as outside information.
- Shareable– One of the best ways for your company to be heard and seen is to have your content shared. Using interesting content or even social media contests will make your content and page shareable. Being shared puts you in front of a lot more people.
- Personal– Be human. Have real employees comment or give you new content. Celebrate your company and the people who work there for all the world to see. Make connections with future hires and current employees by responding quickly to questions or comments.
- Create Multi-Platform Presence– Don’t just stick to one social media site. Use a variety of social media sites and use them well. Make sure you understand the differences between different sites and how to make each one work for you. If nothing else, make sure you have a presence on the BIG THREE:
- Appeal to the Dreams and Desires of Your Audience– One of the best ways to attract employees who will stay with you is to find ones who already want to work for you. Sounds confusing? It isn’t. Many millennials are looking for a job that not only helps pay the bills but also fulfills certain dreams and desires. When you promote your company online, remember to promote the dream and future your company can provide. A great example of this is Disney, who highlights the magical aspect of working for them for people who dream of Disney. This could be true for your company too. Simply find your unique gifts and promote the joys they give to your employees.
Recruiting With a Click Requires Planning
Recruiting and attracting new hires can be difficult in this fast-paced job market. Even though social media works with a couple of clicks, your social media strategy should be well thought out, cross multiple platforms and highlight the best attributes of your company. Start social media recruiting now and you’ll start seeing results.